Coming in February are several workshops and courses with Learning Technology Services to help you learn a new tool, enhance your course, and get a few faculty development credits.
Respondus & Study Mate
Tuesday,February 7, 2012, 10:00am-12:00pm East Campus: LTAD3285 Respondus & Study Mate (CRN 2359): Bring your quizzes and test banks. Get ready to learn how to quickly and easily develop, edit, and publish quizzes, self-tests, flashcards, crossword puzzles, and many other interactive assessment tools to your course. 2 PD Hours. Note: This workshop is optional for the Digital Professor Certification.
Learning on the Go!
Tuesday, February 14-21, 2012, Hybrid Required Meetind Date 2/14/12 West Campus 6-236A: LTAD2910 Selected Topics: Learning on the Go! (CRN 2372): This is an introductory course on mobile learning. This course will provide participants with an overview of mobile learning activities, including formative assessments, single topic lessons, and collaborative projects. Participants will also review mobile applications compatible with Blackboard. 3 PD Hours. Course
Communication Tools in Blackboard
Friday, February 17, 2012, East Campus – 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. : LTAD2389 Communication Tools in Blackboard (CRN 2389): This course is designed to help faculty utilize communication tools in the Blackboard Learning Management System. Topics include discussions, blogs, journal, messages, announcements, and more.
Online Video Orienations
Monday, February 20, 2012, 1:30 – 2:30pm West Campus 6-326A: LTAD3287 Online Video Orienations(CRN 2380): This onsite workshop will explore multiple alternatives for planning, developing and delivering online video orientations for your course. Participants will view samples of videos, participate in a brief taping session, and discuss best practices in the production of a high-quality, reusable video orientation. 2 PD Hours. Note: This workshop is optional for the Digital Professor Certification.
- Review the Faculty Development Calendar or Course Search to view the courses offered
- Click on the course to view the description,instructional method, time, location and CRN to make your selection
- Write down or print the CRN(s) of the workshops you wish to attend
- Login to ATLAS using your User Name and PIN
- Click on the Registration tab
- Click on Register for classes in the Registration Box
- Click on Step 3: Register for Classes/Withdraw.
- Click on the arrow on the drop down box to select Professional Development11/12 and then click on the Submit button
- Enter the CRN(s) in the boxes at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Submit Changes button
- Click on Detail Schedule at the bottom of the screen to view your registration
NOTE: Faculty development courses will appear on your Atlas professional development transcript. How to print a professional development transcript.