Coming in January are several workshops and courses with Learning Technology Services to help you learn a new tool, enhance your course, and get a few faculty development credits.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 10:00am-12:00pm Online Webinar: LTAD3240 Multimedia Tools (CRN 2366): This workshop will assist participants in identifying and incorporating multimedia and instructional tools to accommodate students’ diverse learning styles. Note: This workshop is optional for the Digital Professor Certification. 2 PD Hours.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012, Hybrid – 1/25/2012 thru 2/29/2012 Webinar – Required synchronous virtual meetings will be held on 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, and 2/22 from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. : LTAD3282 Blackboard Essentials (CRN 2249): In this project-based course, participants will learn how to prepare their courses for delivery using the blackboard learning management system (LMS). Successful completion of this course is demonstrated by completing a learning module containing certain required elements to demonstrate your ability to use the tools. 10 PD Hours. Course Details: This course requires weekly synchronous virtual meetings in addition to online coursework.
Friday, January 27, 2012, 10:00am-12:00pm Winter Park: LTAD3180 Navigating Blackboard (CRN 2384): This course is designed to help faculty navigate the Blackboard Course Management Environment. 2 PD Hours.
- Review the Faculty Development Calendar or Course Search to view the courses offered
- Click on the course to view the description,instructional method, time, location and CRN to make your selection
- Write down or print the CRN(s) of the workshops you wish to attend
- Login to ATLAS using your User Name and PIN
- Click on the Registration tab
- Click on Register for classes in the Registration Box
- Click on Step 3: Register for Classes/Withdraw.
- Click on the arrow on the drop down box to select Professional Development11/12 and then click on the Submit button
- Enter the CRN(s) in the boxes at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Submit Changes button
- Click on Detail Schedule at the bottom of the screen to view your registration
NOTE: Faculty development courses will appear on your Atlas professional development transcript. How to print a professional development transcript.