Respondus has released StudyMate Author 2.5, which contains major enhancements. The latest version incorporates HTML5 and cloud architecture to engage learners in an entirely new way, while still offering support for Flash-based learning activities and SCORM objects.
Here’s an overview of the key enhancements:
- Device-specific support was added for students using smartphones and tablets
- Activities can be made available outside an LMS (via StudyMate.com, a cloud server)
- Instructors can use a simple URL to direct students to activities (enabling instructors to link to activities from pretty much anywhere)
Below is a 2-minute video that highlights the new features. After you watch the video, be sure to select the second link below to see sample activities created with StudyMate Author 2.5. In fact, we’d encourage you to try these activities on a computer, smartphone, and tablet so you can experience the customized environments for each device.
2-minute Movie: New Features in StudyMate Author 2.5
Sample Activities from StudyMate Author 2.5
Updating from StudyMate Author 2.0 to StudyMate Author 2.5 is simple!
If StudyMate Author 2.0 has already been installed, the easiest way to update to 2.5 is to use the “Check for Update” feature in StudyMate Author. Follow these steps:
* Start StudyMate Author 2.0
* Select “Help” from the menu bar
* Click “Check for Update”
* Click “Get Update”
* Upon exiting the StudyMate Author software, the update will automatically be applied.
Don’t have copy of StudyMate on your computer? Valencia has a site license! Contact Online Help for more information or visit the Blackboard Self-Paced course to find the LTAD Secure Download information.