Coming in October are several workshops and courses with Learning Technology Services to help you learn a new tool, enhance your course, and get a few faculty development credits.
Communication Tools in Blackboard
Friday, October 07, 2011, 10:00am-12:00pm Winter Park Campus: LTAD3186 Communication Tools in Blackboard (CRN 2357): This course is designed to help faculty utilize communication tools (Discussion Boards, Journal, Blogs, Chat Rooms, Messages, Announcements, and Email) in the Blackboard
SoftChalk Lesson Builder
Monday, October 10, 2011, Hybrid – 10/10/2011 thru 11/14/2011 Osceola Campus: LTAD3270 SoftChalk Lesson Builder (CRN 2382): This workshop will help Valencia with discussions on what Reusable Learning Objectives are and how they can be used in a variety of disciplines and incorporated in existing curriculum. The goals of this workshop are to offer the knowledge and experience of faculty who have designed and used RLOs, and encourage faculty from all disciplines to consider using RLOs for their instruction in a pedagogically sound manner. By the end of this workshop you will be able to give a broad definition of RLOs and repositories, identify a course competency that would benefit from being instructed using an RLO and create your own RLO. 6 PD Hours. Note: This workshop is optional for the Digital Professor Certification. Course Details: This is a hybrid course that requires face-2-face meetings in addition to online coursework. Required meeting dates are 10/17,10/24,10/31, and 11/7 from 2:00-4:00 PM on Osceola Campus in room 2-116
Assesment Tools in Blackboard
Friday, October 21, 2011, 10:00am-12:00pm Osceola Campus: LTAD3183 Assesment Tools in Blackboard (CRN 2369): This course is designed to help faculty utilize assessment tools (Tests, Surveys, Pools, Assignments, SafeAssignments) in the Blackboard
Online Video Orientations
Monday, October 24, 2011, 1:30-2:30pm West Campus: LTAD3287 Online Video Orientations (CRN 2365): This onsite workshop will explore multiple alternatives for planning, developing and delivering online video orientations for your course. Participants will view samples of videos, participate in a brief taping session, and discuss best practices in the production of a high-quality, reusable video orientation. 2 PD Hours. Note: This workshop is optional for the Digital Professor Certification.
- Review the Faculty Development Calendar or Course Search to view the courses offered
- Click on the course to view the description,instructional method, time, location and CRN to make your selection
- Write down or print the CRN(s) of the workshops you wish to attend
- Login to ATLAS using your User Name and PIN
- Click on the Registration tab
- Click on Register for classes in the Registration Box
- Click on Step 3: Register for Classes/Withdraw.
- Click on the arrow on the drop down box to select Professional Development11/12 and then click on the Submit button
- Enter the CRN(s) in the boxes at the bottom of the screen
- Click on Submit Changes button
- Click on Detail Schedule at the bottom of the screen to view your registration
NOTE: Faculty development courses will appear on your Atlas professional development transcript. How to print a professional development transcript.