Social media is the latest trend happening from business to education. It provides a way to connect people of similar interests from around the globe. Social media also provides networking tools for professionals and even for job hunters. And it offers a platform for friends and family to keep up with each other.
But social media isn’t just for professionals, computer geeks and a way to connect with your high school buddies; increasingly, social media is becoming a part of the classroom environment. It is possible to use social media in such a way as to enhance the learning environment, and to provide an education.
Here are a few great links about social media in the classroom:
- 13 Enlightening Case Studies of Social Media in the Classroom
- Social Media Classroom: New Web 2.0 Platform for Education
- PBS Teachers learning.now Social Networking Archives
- Social Media News: Mashable
Most common social media sites:
Connect with LTAD!
- Twitter http://twitter.com/ValenciaLTAD
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Valencia-LTAD/124797597568194
Josh Murdock – Instructional Designer – Valencia Community College